Traditional Chinese Junk Boat + Pearl Accessory Workshop + Sail Setting Experience + Sailing Guided Tour
The 3-hour experience journey includes sailing guided tour, sailing setting experience, and pearl accessory DIY workshop at sea, which will satisfy your 3 wishes in one trip. You can learn about the history of Hong Kong fishermen on a boat that is full of fishermen’s wisdom. While preserving the fishermen’s culture, it also brings you an unprecedented experience, which enriches the journey of all passengers on the Traditional Chinese Junk Boat. It is a special and meaningful activity, and suitable for couples, friends, and families to join together!
🌊 Activity Features
- Take the traditional Chinese junk boat
- Sailing guided tour
- Learn about the history and culture of Hong Kong fishermen and the ocean.
- Experience fishermen’s work
- Set sail
- Open the pearl oysters and create your pearl accessory
🌊 Activity Description
Date your friends and family and experience the special and unique journey together!
Participants will take a traditional Chinese junk boat. This junk boat has a history of 40 years and is full of historical value. There are only two junk boats, which are transformed from fishing boats, that are still sailing in Hong Kong. So that the experience is very rare! You can also take a lot of beautiful photos on the boat!
At the beginning of the activity, there will be a sailing guided tour session, where the instructor will explain the uniqueness and historical value of junk boat, so that participants can understand the history and wisdom of Hong Kong fishermen.
Participants can set sail by themselves and experience the life of fishermen, which is very exciting. In addition to having fun, you can also feel the sense of success!
Then, the highlight of the whole event "Pearl Accessory Workshop" will begin. Under the guidance of the instructor, participants can try to open the pearl oysters and find pearls by themselves.
The pearls are cultivated in Hong Kong. The formation of a sparkling white pearl takes about two years. There are few opportunities to see and open the pearl oysters by yourself, which is a rare opportunity!
After harvesting the pearl, you can create your favorite pearl accessory by yourself.
The unique pearl accessory was born! The accessory made by yourself, which has memorial value. It records the unforgettable sailing experience.
🌊 Timeslot and Price
- Date：15 Aug / 28 Aug
- Time：10am - 1pm / 2pm - 5pm
- Area：Boarding at Central Piers. After sailing, the mooring location of the junk boat depends on the weather of the day
- Price：Adult Package : $480/per person
Family Package : $580 (1 adult + 1 child below 10 years old)
⚠️ Things to note
- Participants are highly recommended to wear simple clothes, a jacket, and sneakers. Please avoid wearing sandals. Prepare drinking water and other outdoor equipment (including sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent, and umbrella).
- Due to the nature of this activity, it is not recommended for persons with impaired physical mobility or those in wheelchairs.
- Participants need to take transportation to the designated meeting place by themselves.
- Early departure is not allowed for this activity.